Friday, May 3, 2013

TGIF . . . Board games for school

Sigh. It's only been one week, and I already almost missed this one (I'm cutting it pretty close, but in my timezone at least, it is still Friday).

Anywho . . . this week I love homeschooling because we get to play board games and call it school work!  The kids all practiced reading, counting, and critical thinking this week when we played Dungeon.


Honestly, pretty much any game really is helping kids in one way or another.  Useful skills and especially critical thinking are an important part of most game play. We have two closets full of board games, card games, puzzles, dominoes, and dice.  The kiddoes always have access to the ones that they are old enough to use without supervision, and they get so excited when we introduce something new.

Games are my favorite way to add a little more fun to a school day that is dragging.

--Little Miss Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment