Friday, May 17, 2013

TGIF . . . craft time

This week I love homeschooling because I have creative time with my kiddoes.


This may seem like a silly consideration to some people, but I really love having the time to do arts and crafts with my children.  I have always been a bit of a crafter, so early on I started making crafts with the kiddoes, for holidays and for learning and just for fun too.  It didn't always turn out the way I wanted or the way they wanted, but I have so many wonderful and crazy memories of those times together.

When Athena started public school, she did art there, so repeating a similar craft at home just wasn't fun.  And the hours when she was home were always filled with getting dinner on the table and the house cleaned (my best fun-with-the-kiddoes time is early in the day).  I also felt guilty for "leaving her out of the fun" when I did projects with the boys while she was out of the house.  So our crafts dwindled down to almost nothing.

Now we have lots of opportunities to make things together to go along with our studies, which makes me very happy.  Sometimes I do a lot of the work, and sometimes they can do it mostly by themselves, but we still are creating together, and that is a truly special thing.

--Little Miss Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment