Friday, August 16, 2013

TGIF . . . maps

This week I love homeschooling because maps are considered necessary decor.


I know anyone can put a map on their wall.  Regardless of their schooling choices.  But it seems to me that anytime a homeschooling family is showing pictures of their homeschooling space, there will ALWAYS be a map.  Or a globe.  Or a slew of them mixed together (which would be my dream room :D).

Honestly, I am a little bit obsessed with maps.  Before deciding on the kiddoes current nicknames, I was strongly considering calling them Legend, Latitude, and Longitude.  If you peek into my home decorating board on Pinterest, there are a LOT of map-based items and ideas (that and a lot of organization ideas-- another regular for a homeschooling household).  Mr. Crazy and I have done our fair share of travelling and plan to do a lot more in the future, and we really want our home to represent that interest.

Maps are a little bit fun and a little bit functional, and I've found them to greatly enhance many of our homeschooling discussions.  I couldn't imagine my home without a few maps.

--Little Miss Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment