Friday, September 20, 2013

TGIF . . . pride

This week, I love homeschooling because it is a source of pride for the whole family.


Earlier this week, we went into town to run errands and find some new books at the library.  When we were at the desk to check out, the kiddoes were discussing their book choices with the librarian.  Most of their chosen books were nonfiction choices about different animals.  They went on and on quoting various facts and interesting anecdotes on various animals from their studies (and also a little from Wild Kratts).  Just before we left, the librarian took a moment to let me know how impressed she was with their knowledge and interest.

After we left, I told the kiddoes what the librarian had said and added in how well I thought they had all behaved and how proud I was of them for sharing their knowledge.  I could tell they were all very proud of themselves for earning both her praise and mine.

I love it when people compliment the kiddoes.  All my days are spent trying to help them develop into the amazing little people they have the opportunity to be, and I couldn't be prouder of my contribution to their lives and their progress through the confusing process of growing into their futures. This is just one example among many of the sense of pride that homeschool has brought into our lives.

--Little Miss Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment